Academics / Research
(A) Number & Name of Research going on in the department
1. Diagnostic Efficacy of Video Assisted Biopsy in Lung and Pleural conditions. ( Dr. Ashutosh Samal)
2. Impact of Prosthesis - Patient Mismatch (PPM) in patients undergoing Aortic Valve Replacement - Tertiary centre Based Comparative & Follow Up Study. (Dr. Amarnath Shaw)
3. An Observational Study of Monitoring of cardiac Output in Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and its relation to cardiac enzymes in post op period. (Dr. Surendra Yadav)
4. Outcome of Mitral &Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients with Low Ejection Fraction. (Dr. Abhijit Sengupta)
5. Haemodynamic Changes observed while grafting the Anterior, Lateral and Inferior Surfaces of the Heart during Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery. (Dr. Arun Visvarajan)
6. Evaluation of novel & conventional risk factors in young & aged patients undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. (Dr.Ushnish Chakrabarty)
7. Management of ischemic MR in post Myocardial Infaction in Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting patients. (Dr.Manoj Bhargava)
(B) Recent Papers Published from Department
1. Giant chondrosacoma of chest wall-published in Indian journal of Chest Disease and Allied Sciences [oct 2013, 55(4):229-31].
2. Salvaging an accidental superior vena caval transection during a right pneumonectomy by creating a Glenn Shunt - a case report published in Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery - 2014 April 18 [on press].
3. Redo closed mitral valvotomy - an obsolete procedure? Journal of Indian Medical Association [March 2014, vol-108, no-3]
4. Infected Internal Jugular Vein Thrombus in a case of infected arterio venous fistula for dialysis access - Accepted for publication in Annals of Vascular Diseases [13.6.14]
(C) Papers presented in Recent National Conference - in 2014:
1. Impact of patient prosthesis mismatch in patients with aortic valve replacement with severe aortic stenosis.
2. Infected Internal Jugular Vein Thrombus in a case of infected arterio-venous fistula for dialysis access.
3. Our experience with Thoracic Hydatid Cyst with hydatid cysts in extrathoracic locations.